- Benrick K, Kokosar M, Hu M, Larsson M, Maliqueo M, Marcondes R.R, Soligo M, Protto v, Jerlhag E, Sazonova A, Behre C.J, Hojlund K, Thoren P, Stener-Victorin E. ‘Autonomic nervous system activation mediates the increase in whole-body glucose uptake in response to electroacupuncture, 2017, The SFASEB Journal, Published online 12 April 2017 https://doi.org/10.1096/fj.201601381R.
- Flower A, Yu JP, Lewith G, Little P, Li Q. ‘Chinese herbal medicine for endometriosis’, Cochrane Database For Systemic Review, 2012, May 16;(5):CD006568. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD006568.pub3. downloaded from PubMed 12 March 2018.
- Hassanzadeh Bashtian M, Latifnejad Roudsari R, Sadeghi R.2017, ‘Effects of acupuncture on anxiety in infertile women: a systemic review of the literature’, Journal of Midwifery and Reproductive Health, 5(1), pp.842-848. doi:10.22038/jmrh.2016.7949.
Male infertility & sub-fertility
- Pei J, Strehler E, Noss U, Abt M, Piomboni P, Baccetti B & Sterzik K, 2005, ‘Quantitative evaluation of spermatozoa ultrastructure after acupuncture treatment for idiopathic male infertility’, Fertility and Sterility, July 2005, Vol 84, Issue1, pp. 141-7.
- Siterman S, Eltes F, Wolfson V, Lederman H, Bartoov B 2000, ‘Does acupuncture treatment affect sperm density in males with very low sperm count,’ Pilot study, Andrologia, Vol 32, No. 1, pp.31-9.
- Zhang M, Huang G, Lu F, Paulus WE, Sterzik K, 2002, ‘Influence of acupuncture on idiopathic male infertility in assisted reproductive technology,’ Journal of Huazhang University of Science and Technology Medical Science, 22 (3), pp.228-30.
- BBC News, ‘Acupuncture boosts IVF success,’ Tues 16 April 2002, http://www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1933901.stm.
- Dieterle S, Ying G, Hatzman W & Neuer A, 2006, ‘Effect of acupuncture on in-vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a randomized, perspective controlled clinical trial,’ Fertility and Sterility, May 2006, Vol. 85, Issue 5, pp. 1347-51.
- Gillerman K, Rehman N, Dilgil M, Homburg R, 2016 ‘The impact of acupuncture on IVF success rates: a randomised controlled trial,’ Homerton University Hospital, Homerton Fertility Centre, London, UK, presented at the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology 32nd Annual Meeting, Helsinki, Finland, July 3-6, 2016.
- Hallender Rubin LE, Anderson BJ, Craig LB, Acupuncture and in vitro fertilisation research: current and future directions. Acupuncture in Medicine, Published Online First: 10 February 2018. doi: 10.1136/acupmed-2016-011352.
- Jo J, Lee YJ, 2017, ‘Effectiveness of acupuncture in women with PCOS undergoing in vitro fertilisation or intracytoplasmic injection: a systemic review and meta analysis, Acupuncture in Medicine, 2017: 35, 162-170, Downloaded from British Medical Journal, http://bmj.com on January 14, 2017.
- Paulus WE, Zhang MM, Strehler E, El-Danasouri I & Sterzik K, 2002, ‘Influence of acupuncture on the pregnancy rate in patients who undergo assisted reproduction therapy,’ Fertility and Sterility, April 2002, Vol. 77, Issue 4, pp. 721-4.
- Scott, Sophie, 2006, ‘Acupuncture linked to IVF success’ http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006/06/05/1655666.htm.
- Smith C, Coyle M & Norman R, 2006, ‘Influence of acupuncture stimulation on pregnancy rates for women undergoing embryo transfer,’ Fertility and Sterility, May 2006, Vol. 85, Issue 5, pp. 1352-8.
- Stener-Victorin E, Waldenstrom U, Wikland M & Janson PO, 1999, ‘A prospective randomized study of electro-acupuncture versus alfentanil as anaesthesia during oocyte aspiration in in-vitro fertilization,’ Human Reproduction, 1999, Vol 14, No. 10, pp. 2480-84.
- Qian Yi, Xia Xin-Ru, Ochin H, Huang C, Gao C, Gao L, Cui Yu-Gui, Liu Jia-Yin, Meng Y, ‘Therapeutic effect of acupuncture on the outcomes of in vitro fertilization: a systematic review and meta-analysis’, 2016, Arch Gynecol Obstet, Dec 2016, pp 1-16, Archives Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Pregnancy, Childbirth & Post-Partum Care
- Betts D & Lennox S. 2006, ‘Acupuncture pre-birth treatment: an observational study of its use in midwifery practice’, Journal of Medical Acupuncture, May 2006, Vol 17, Issue 3, pp.17-20.
- Elden H, Ladfors I, Fagevik Olsen M. Ostaard H, Hagberg H. ‘Effects of acupuncture and stabilising exercises as adjunct to standard treatment in pregnant women with pelvic girdle pain: a randomised single blind controlled trial’, British Medical Journal, 330(7494), p. 761.
- Rabl M, Ahner R, Bitschnau M, Zeisler H, Husslein P. 2001, ‘Acupuncture for cervical ripening and induction of labour at term – a randomised controlled trial’, Wien Klin Wochenschr ; Vol. 113 (23-24), pp. 942-6.
- Smith C, Crowther C, Bellby J. ‘Acupuncture to treat nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy’, Birth, 2002, Vol 29, pp. 1-9.
- Vickers, A.J. 1996, ‘Can acupuncture have specific effects on health? A systematic review of acupuncture antiemesis trials’, Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, Vol. 89, pp. 303-11.