- Chen A, ‘An introduction to sequential electric acupuncture (SEA) in the treatment of stress related physical and emotional disorders’, Acupuncture Electrotherapy Research,1992; 17, pp. 273-83
- Dong JT, ‘Research on the reduction of anxiety and depression with acupuncture,’ American Journal of Acupuncture, 1993; 21, pp. 327-30.
- Gerhard, I & Postneek F, 1992, ‘Auricular acupuncture in the treatment of female infertility’, Gynecological Endocrinology, September 1992, Vol. 6, Issue 3, pp. 171-81.
- Lian F, 1991, ‘TCM treatment of luteal phase defect – an analysis of 60 cases.’ Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, June 1991, Vol 11, Issue 2, pp. 115-20.
- Lou H, Meng F, Jia Y & Zhao X, ‘Clinical research on the therapeutic effect of the electroacupuncture treatment in patients with depression,’ Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 1998; 52, pp. S338-40.
- Stener-Victorin E, Waldenstrom U, Andersaan SA, & Wikland M, 1996, ‘Reduction of blood flow impedance in the uterine arteries of infertile women using electro-acupuncture’, Human Reproduction, 1996, Vol.11, No. 6, pp. 1314-7.
- Stener-Victorin E, Waldenstrom U, Tagnfors U, Lundeberg T, Lundestedt G & Janson PO, 1996, ‘Effects of electro-acupuncture on anovulation in reproductive treatments: a critical review,’ Human Reproduction Update, 1996, No. 2, pp. 323-5.
Male infertility & sub-fertility
- Gerhard I, Jung I & Postneek F, 1992, ‘Effects of acupuncture on semen parameters/hormone profile in infertile men’, Molecular Andrology, Vol 4, pp. 9-25.
- Pei J, Strehler E, Noss U, Abt M, Piomboni P, Baccetti B & Sterzik K, 2005, ‘Quantitative evaluation of spermatozoa ultrastructure after acupuncture treatment for idiopathic male infertility’, Fertility and Sterility, July 2005, Vol 84, Issue1, pp. 141-7.
- Siterman S, Eltes F, Wolfson V, Zabludovsky N & Bartoov B 1997, ‘Effect of acupuncture on sperm parameters of males suffering from subfertility related to low sperm quality’, Archives of Andrology; Vol 39, pp. 155-61.
- Siterman S, Eltes F, Wolfson V, Lederman H, Bartoov B 2000, ‘Does acupuncture treatment affect sperm density in males with very low sperm count,’ Pilot study, Andrologia, Vol 32, No. 1, pp.31-9.
- Zhang M, Huang G, Lu F, Paulus WE, Sterzik K, 2002, ‘Influence of acupuncture on idiopathic male infertility in assisted reproductive technology,’ Journal of Huazhang University of Science and Technology Medical Science, 22 (3), pp.228-30.
- BBC News, ‘Acupuncture boosts IVF success,’ Tues 16 April 2002, http://www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1933901.stm.
- Dieterle S, Ying G, Hatzman W & Neuer A, 2006, ‘Effect of acupuncture on in-vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a randomized, perspective controlled clinical trial,’ Fertility and Sterility, May 2006, Vol. 85, Issue 5, pp. 1347-51.
- Paulus WE, Zhang MM, Strehler E, El-Danasouri I & Sterzik K, 2002, ‘Influence of acupuncture on the pregnancy rate in patients who undergo assisted reproduction therapy,’ Fertility and Sterility, April 2002, Vol. 77, Issue 4, pp. 721-4.
- Scott, Sophie, 2006, ‘Acupuncture linked to IVF success’ http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006/06/05/1655666.htm.
- Smith C, Coyle M & Norman R, 2006, ‘Influence of acupuncture stimulation on pregnancy rates for women undergoing embryo transfer,’ Fertility and Sterility, May 2006, Vol. 85, Issue 5, pp. 1352-8.
- Stener-Victorin E, Waldenstrom U, Wikland M & Janson PO, 1999, ‘A prospective randomized study of electro-acupuncture versus alfentanil as anaesthesia during oocyte aspiration in in-vitro fertilization,’ Human Reproduction, 1999, Vol 14, No. 10, pp. 2480-84.
- Stener-Victorin E, Waldenstrom U, Andersaan SA, & Wikland M, 1996, ‘Reduction of blood flow impedance in the uterine arteries of infertile women using electro-acupuncture’, Human Reproduction, 1996, Vol.11, No. 6, pp. 1314-7
Pregnancy, Childbirth & Post-Partum Care
- Betts D & Lennox S. 2006, ‘Acupuncture pre-birth treatment: an observational study of its use in midwifery practice’, Journal of Medical Acupuncture, May 2006, Vol 17, Issue 3, pp.17-20.
- Cardini, F & Weixin, H 1998, ‘Moxibustion for correction of breech presentation: a randomised controlled trial’, Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 280, Issue 18, pp. 1580-84.
- Elden H, Ladfors I, Fagevik Olsen M. Ostaard H, Hagberg H. ‘Effects of acupuncture and stabilising exercises as adjunct to standard treatment in pregnant women with pelvic girdle pain: a randomised single blind controlled trial’, British Medical Journal, 330(7494), p. 761.
- Kubista E & Kucera H. 1974, ‘Acupuncture as a method of preparation in obstetrics’, American Journal of Acupuncture, Vol. 2, Issue 3, pp 283-7.
- Rabl M, Ahner R, Bitschnau M, Zeisler H, Husslein P. 2001, ‘Acupuncture for cervical ripening and induction of labour at term – a randomised controlled trial’, Wien Klin Wochenschr ; Vol. 113 (23-24), pp. 942-6.
- Smith C, Crowther C, Bellby J. ‘Acupuncture to treat nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy’, Birth, 2002, Vol 29, pp. 1-9.
- Vickers, A.J. 1996, ‘Can acupuncture have specific effects on health? A systematic review of acupuncture antiemesis trials’, Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, Vol. 89, pp. 303-11.